As a leading producer of highly engineered advanced materials, Luxfer products help to protect lives, keep the environment cleaner, and make industry more productive and efficient.
Luxfer’s five business units – Luxfer Gas Cylinders, Luxfer Graphic Arts, Luxfer Magtech, Luxfer MEL Technologies and Luxfer Superform – provide innovative products and solutions worldwide to customers for use in a broad range of applications, primarily in General Industry, Defense & First Responders, Transportation, and Healthcare. We estimate the market for highly engineered materials and high-performance gas cylinders at approximately $10 billion.
Luxfer serves a broad range of manufacturing and process industries with highly engineered materials that deliver unmatched performance.
- High-purity zirconium compounds for catalytic processes
- Magnesium specialty alloys for lightweight, durable products and components
- Aluminum gas cylinders for specialty and reference gases
- Magnesium, copper, zinc and brass plates and chemicals for high-quality etching and embossing
- Unique soluble magnesium products that are used in hydraulic fracturing processes in oil and gas wells.
- Magnesium chips, granules and powders for commercial applications
Defense & First Responders
People in emergency and conflict environments depend on Luxfer critical protection and security products.
- SCUBA tanks used worldwide by navy divers, first responders, as well as recreational and commercial divers
- High-pressure composite self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) air cylinders
- High-performance aluminum fire extinguisher cylinders
- Magnesium and specialty powders for defense applications
- Flameless heating technology in military combat rations
- Self-heating food and beverage products for military, emergency preparedness and disaster relief
- Chemical warfare agent detection and decontamination kits for military and first responders
Luxfer meets the needs of transportation industries – aviation, automotive, and rail – with products that help drive performance, safety and aesthetics.
- Composite pressure vessels that hold compressed natural gas and hydrogen on alternative-fuel busses and trucks
- High-strength magnesium alloys fabricated into helicopter rotors, high-end automobile wheels, and other parts where light weight and heat resistance are also critical
- Superformed components molded into complex shapes for use in automotive, aviation and rail, reducing weight of components while preserving wear and heat resistance
- Emergency oxygen bottles used on airplanes
- Zirconium-based oxides for gasoline engine catalytic converters
- Desalination kits to tranform seawater into drinkable water
Luxfer is committed to developing new and innovative products to help patients globally.
- Soluble magnesium alloys for bioresorbable devices
- Aluminum gas cylinders for personal and institutional oxygen delivery
- Zirconium compounds for use in pharmaceuticals and other biomedical applications:
- MELox™ 3Y materials used for dental prosthesis in the dental industry
- MELox™ range used for its strength, biocompatibility and low toxicity for bioimplants
- Zirconium phosphate materials used to help with dialysis and ammonium removal