Luxfer is a global industrial company innovating niche applications in materials engineering. Using its broad array of proprietary technologies, Luxfer focuses on value creation, customer satisfaction, and demanding applications where technical know-how and manufacturing expertise combine to deliver a superior product. Luxfer’s high-performance materials, components, and high-pressure gas containment devices are used in defense and emergency response, clean energy, healthcare, transportation, and general industrial applications.
Luxfer's highly engineered products use high-technology materials such as carbon fiber, Magnesium and Zirconium, and serve in crucial applications, including:
- High-pressure carbon fiber cylinders that hold compressed natural gas and hydrogen, used in clean energy vehicles that reduce emissions;
- Lightweight air cylinders carried by firefighters that allow safe breathing in hazardous environments;
- High-performance cylinders used for medical oxygen and specialty gasses;
- Magnesium powders used in countermeasure flares for U.S. military aircraft;
- Flameless heating technology used in the U.S. military's Meals Ready-to-Eat (MRE) field rations as well as other civilian emergency preparedness and disaster relief meal kits;
- Magnesium alloys used in lightweight components in a diverse range of applications that improve efficiency, strength and performance;
- Zirconium-based materials that improve the capabilities of a broad range of industries; and
- Magnesium plates and photo engraving products used for decorative embossing on book covers, wine labels, and other high-quality printed materials.
We employ approximately 1,350 people and operate 12 manufacturing plants in four countries. Our Principal Executive Office is located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA. For 2022, total revenue was $423 million. A public company since 2012, our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol LXFR.